Set Up Event Registration
How To: Set up Event Registration
To get started:
1. Navigate to Event Management >> Events
2. Click the “Edit” Icon next to the Event
3. Click “Activities” Tab, Select Current Activities
4. Click the “Green Plus” Icon to Add a new Registration Activity
5. The following screen will appear to add further details to the Registration Activity
- This is the name of your activity—in this case, we will call it registration. If this was for a workshop, luncheon or another activity happening within your event, you would title that appropriately.
- If you haven’t set up your activity types yet, please see this article first. Once you’ve added all activity types, you can select from the drop-down list the appropriate choice. In this case, it would be “registration”.
- If this specific activity is a part of other activities in your event, this is where you would select that. For example, if you were hosting a 2-day conference and had 3 morning workshops and 3 afternoon workshops, you could group those workshops together by morning and afternoon and then set limits on how many workshops an individual can sign up for (you can choose 2 out of the 3 workshops listed) to help control attendance levels.
- This field isn’t necessary for a registration activity but for any other activity going on at your event, like a workshop, luncheon or seminar, you will want to add the date / time.
- Same information as Date / Time.
Valid From/Valid to
- This date range signifies how long this particular registration activity is open for members to complete. You can set up multiple registration options with different “Valid From / Valid To” dates if you’d like to have an early bird registration or late fee registration. For example:
Event Date: April 21, 2017
Early Bird Registration:
Valid From: March 15th, 2017
Valid To: April 9th, 2017
Valid From: April 10th, 2017
Valid To: April 17th, 2017
Late Fee Registration:
Valid From: April 18th, 2017
Valid To: April 20th, 2017
For more details on the Valid From / Valid To fields, see this article.
- This option allows you to set up discounts for a certain number of members. For example, if you’d like the first 20 registrants to receive a discount, you would have your discount start at “1” and end at “20”.
- Set capacity limits for your events. Once your event reaches the capacity number, individuals will not be able to register.
- This is the order in which this Activity Group will appear on the registration page. Start with “0” for the Morning Session.
Member Information/Non-member Information
- This area allows you to set up pricing for member and nonmember registration. You can choose the order it is displayed, if you’d like a field displayed for a priority code, and if this part of the activity is required or not.
- This is an area for you to make notes on the activity. These notes will appear next to the registration option.
6. Click “Update Activity” to save your work. To check your work, navigate to the member center or your event page. Click into the “Details and Registration” of your event, click the “Register Now” button to see your registration activity.